The Diverse Ferrite meter MF300Fe+ measures the Ferrite number (FN) of austenitic and duplex stainless steel weld material. Depth sensitivity of approximately 1 mm. The instrument is calibrated using NIST secondary weld standards. All 16 standards are used in the calibration giving an instrument with a measurement range from 0 to 115 FN. Transfer standards are supplied with the instrument allowing performance to be verified at any time.
Features of MF300Fe+ Ferrite Meter
- NDT of the ferrite content in a range of 0.1 to 115FN equivalent to 0.1 to 83% Fe in austenitic & duplex steel.
- Robust and portable
- Standard or peak measurement of Ferrite Number
- Piecewise estimate of ferrite percentage
- Automatic zero on demand
- Supplied with 5 transfer standards allowing veracity of instrument to be checked
- Storage of 1000 measurements, downloaded to PC with RS232/USB option
- Simple measurement with small sample area.
- Units selectable between WRC-FN and %Fe.
- Calibration with standards traceable to NIST standards
- Supplied in carry case
Standard P10 'large area' probe is constructed with a 10mm diameter ring that is set proud at the tip. For measurement, this ring is brought into contact with a reasonably flat portion of the object under test and a reading can be taken. This has the advantages of averaging over a wide area removing any need for statistical analysis.