The Diverse Ferrite meter MF300Fe+ measures the Ferrite number (FN) of austenitic and duplex stainless steel weld material. Depth sensitivity of approximately 1 mm. The instrument is calibrated using NIST secondary weld standards. All 16 standards are used in the calibration giving an instrument with a measurement range from 0 to 115 FN. Transfer standards are supplied with the instrument allowing performance to be verified at any time.
Features of MF300Fe+ Ferrite Meter
- NDT of the ferrite content in a range of 0.1 to 115FN equivalent to 0.1 to 83% Fe in austenitic & duplex steel.
- Robust and portable
- Standard or peak measurement of Ferrite Number
- Piecewise estimate of ferrite percentage
- Automatic zero on demand
- Supplied with 5 transfer standards allowing veracity of instrument to be checked
- Storage of 1000 measurements, downloaded to PC with RS232/USB option
- Simple measurement with small sample area.
- Units selectable between WRC-FN and %Fe.
- Calibration with standards traceable to NIST standards
- Supplied in carry case
Standard P10ac 'large area' With an air flow adaptor and other internal and calibration changes, the air cooled probe version allows for measuring of hot samples. Air flow is directed in the standard hose connector, over the sensor and magnetic components and is routed out of vent holes in the probe barrel.